Friday, April 13, 2012

False Imprisonment

Categories: ,

It’s late

My mind is racing and the curves are getting sharper at every turn

The murmuring begins…

Your situation will never get better...
Nothing good can come of this...
It’s always been done that way and it’s not going to change now...
It ‘s hopeless so you might as well just give up…
Where is your God right now anyway!?

Every thought forges another iron bar

2225754184_05d9c0602c_o

Imprisoning

Holding captive

A soul that longs to be

FREE

praise dance

I grab my Sword

Turn onion skin paper thick with promises

I suffer much and am in prison as one who has done something very bad. I am in chains, but the Word of God is not chained.

And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.

The Lord your God
wins victory after victory
and is always with you.
He celebrates and sings
because of you,
and he will refresh your life
with his love.

Trust in, lean on, rely on, and have confidence in Him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts before Him. God is a refuge for us (a fortress and a high tower). Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]!

When you go through deep waters,
I will be with you.
When you go through rivers of difficulty,
you will not drown.
When you walk through the fire of oppression,
you will not be burned up;
the flames will not consume you.

My eyes behold His glory

My heart is immersed in His grace

He squeezes my hand

and

I leap!

sky-1

Photobucket

16 comments:

  1. Thank you, Karen. Again, I so needed to read these words of encouragement and truth. We are continuing to hold on to the Lord and His faithful promises, especially Romans 8:28.
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen, Sandy...His promises never fail...praying for you while you wait to be reunited with your sweet Shaun....

      Delete
  2. Hi Karen,

    This journey following Christ can become so very overwhelming at times, and it's good to be reminded of His promises that He has given us in His Word. The Bible verses listed are so encouraging.

    I am learning step by step, day by day that even the slightest bit of self pity, complaining, anger, bitterness etc... are all forms of self imprisonment, and I must make the choice to;
    as you stated;
    "Grab my Sword" ... The Word of God... and seek the Lord with all my heart daily.

    Great post, a blessing!
    God bless you~
    michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Michele, for the reminder of "it's all about choices"...and those choices need to be made each and every day...may the Lord bless you, also!

      Delete
  3. Thanks, Karen, for reminding us of those promises. I love them all!

    I especially love the idea of an onion skin sword!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jerri, those precious pages are more than powerful, aren't they?

      Delete
  4. Bless you my dear sis for such precious encouragement. I love all of these verses, and I love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Denise...whatever would we do without the Lord and the gift of His awesome word! I love you, too, sis!

      Delete
  5. Oh, the prisons that the enemy constructs in our minds. I especially love that passage from Isaiah. May we have the faith of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego - even as we are tossed into the fire!

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen, Sharon! Those 3 Hebrew boys knew exactly from Whom their help came and never doubted for a minute...may we be so bold in our faith, just like you wrote...for sometimes a furnace comes up right after leaping over a wall....

      Delete
  6. Awesome, Karen.....Wow did I need this today!! Thank you sweet sister!!

    Have a wonderful week!

    HE IS FAITHFUL!!

    Hugs and Sweet Blessings!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jackie...God is indeed faithful...always!

      Hope your week is great as well!

      Delete
  7. Karen
    The words and pictures on this post are powerful. Men imprison us with their false accusations, and the enemy masterminds all that... intent on our destruction.

    But with the lifegiving force of God's spoken word, we are set free...

    His word is a powerful liberating force!

    Lidia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen, Lidia! The enemy is the accuser of the brethren...but God's word cuts through anything! I love your description of a "powerful liberating force"...oh yes, it is!

      Delete
  8. "...immersed in His grace." How I want to stay there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I do, too, Pamela! Like the song says...

      If His grace is an ocean, we're all sinking...

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Please share your thoughts and I will be sure to reply....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...