Saturday, May 19, 2012

Maze of Mercy

Categories: , ,

Loneliness is the first thing which God's eye named
not good.
-- John Milton

For the young mother with a full load and an empty heart…

file1801281015946

For the stressed boss with no time to breathe and abandoned by all…

file000884219889

For the outcasted one who is just trying to survive, by herself…

file000296625139

For the builders of walls with bricks of isolation…neglect…or self imposed solitude…

file000389175494

Look past those walls, dear children…

Stretch as high as you possibly can….climb a ladder….grab a pogo stick

And see

What’s beyond

That wall of loneliness

Something new

Brand new

Paths and trails that all lead to

H I M

to Love

No matter which way you turn…

He’s already there…

Turn right….

It leads to mercy

Step to the left…

And meet grace

Go straight on…

and fall into love

so wide, so deep, so great

You can’t even imagine…

Beyond the wall of loneliness lies

A maze of mercy
A garden of grace
And a labyrinth of love…

Why are you waiting my friend?

Come on over….

Leap into the arms of love

Jesus

and never be alone again…

because Perfect Love overcomes lonely

If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,
even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.
 
Photobucket

22 comments:

  1. Very beautiful, Karen, thank you ~ Love you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cathy...His love is beautiful! I love you, too!

      Delete
  2. Really needing this tonight, Karen. Thank you for the loving reminder.
    Love,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Sandy...still praying for your mother's heart...let His perfect love totally surround you during this time...

      Delete
  3. I owe my ability to "bounce" back to life after the acquired disability to our good Lord who has given me strength, acceptance, and the will to go on with life.

    More so, meeting you virtually is another great blessing from Him. You write creatively. Thank you for this post! God bless, Farida :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Farida...I consider it a blessing, also, that our paths crossed...your story is such an inspiration!

      Delete
  4. Perfect love overcomes lonely... I like the way that reads. There are a lot of lonely people in the world; at times, I've felt very lonely even though surrounded by a crowd of people. But God's love always catches me. Always.

    Beautiful comfort in your words, Karen. You're writing is a blessing.

    peace~elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elaine... caught by His love...what an image that brings to mind!

      So thankful for that rear guard...

      Delete
  5. Such heart touching comfort here sis, love you dearly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you, too, sweet friend...thank you for the precious comfort you have shared with me these past few years...

      Delete
    2. Karen, does Denise call you sis because you are siblings or because you are sisters in the gospel?

      Delete
    3. Becky Jane, sweet Denise is my sister in Christ and my sister of the heart...I couldn't love her more if she was my sibling....

      Delete
  6. At one of my most scary and lonely times, the Lord was right by my side. So many don't realize that he is there. Thank you for your post. Hope lots and lots of people read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by, Becky Jane...it is a sad truth that so many lonely people don't realize they are really not alone...the One that sticks closer than a brother is just a breath away....

      Delete
  7. Karen, this is a good post. Since Dave died, I'm not lonely as much as alone and, yes, it's different. I've always been a solitary person, a one-man woman just as Dave was a one-woman man -smile- so don't mind the solitude. I do mind Dave not being here to share it.
    And that's the God's honest truth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandra, I can't even imagine the loss you feel for your Dave...the things you have shared about him on your blog show there are so many good memories of your life together...and I know you must treasure those memories...even when they hurt...

      Just like we shared earlier...stay tethered to the One who knows exactly how you feel...and keep that line of hope taut...

      Delete
  8. Though it is months after you wrote this, Karen, I am no less comforted by your good words. I've battled loneliness since I moved to a small mountain home - away from family and friends and a familiar place of 29 years.

    But God is here - and He never, ever stops loving me or seeing my every movement.

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sharon...and I am thankful, too, that our God is so faithful and loving...His words are timeless...and He can meet us in our lonely places in a way no one else can!

      Delete
  9. right on Karen...thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Nikki!

      Delete
  10. I love this post!!!! Every word you have written points to Our Amazing, Incredible Jesus Who reveals the Father by the power of the Holy Spirit!!!! Wooooooooooooo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Teresa! May all our words and especially our actions point others to our Lord and Saviour and bring glory to God!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Please share your thoughts and I will be sure to reply....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...